How to Buy a Mattress
When your bed is a pain in the neck, back, or other body part, replace it.
Mattress discomfort comes in many forms. Hip or shoulder pain usually suggests a deficient sleep surface that creates pressure points. Low back pain may indicate ineffective structural support that allows the spine or hips to miss-align.
Mattresses generally have two sections:
- Sleep surface, which is designed for comfort and pressure relief, and
- Structural support, which provides spinal alignment.
Hospital-tested IntelliBED mattresses offer an ideal balance of comfort and support that leads to healthier, deeper, and more restful sleep that can significantly improve your health, safety and performance.
Factors to consider when choosing
- Materials in the comfort/pressure relief section and the structural/support section
- The physics of mattress materials are mostly compression except for intelli-Gel in intelliBED which uses a Grid-Arc technology, reducing pressure points and maintaining spinal alignment to provide the best body balance.
- Your physique also figures into your choice – sleep position, body mass index, and underlying medical conditions.