In this video you’ll be able to see inside a Serta mattress to see the components and learn about the deteriorating foam that causes the bed to not last as long as the warranty (premature death).
- Quilt layer (for appearance)
- Comfort Layer (polyurethane foam & memory foam)
- Innerspring (for good back support)
Besides the problem with toxic off-gassing, foam materials breakdown more quickly than IntelliGEL, and that’s why you’re told to rotate your mattress every six months or so.
|Pressure Relief||50-80% less pressure than innersprings
(30-70% less than NASA memory foam)
|Still 5-10% worse than NASA memory foam|
|Spinal Alignment||20% better support (Excellent)||Good support|
|Temperature||Neutral (good air flow)||Neutral (good air flow)|
|Cushioning||Immediate response to movement||Depends on the amount of foam|
|Off-gassing||NO||Yes (depends on amont & quality of foam)|
|Durability||Last 3-4x Longer (Excellent)||Good (depends on amount & quality of foam)|
- What Happens as a Mattress Ages?
- Mattress Cost and Warranty (about the superior IntelliBED durability)
- IntelliBED versus Pillow Top Mattresses
- IntelliGEL versus Latex
- Comparing Common Mattress Materials