If you’re shopping for a new mattress and even considering Tempur-Pedic®, see below how IntelliBed® with intelli-gel® compares. Watch the videos to see what others say about IntelliBED versus Tempur-Pedic. And for more detail, see more videos at How to Buy a Mattress, where you can learn why IntelliBed does better at promoting sleep wellness. After all, that’s what IntelliBEDs were designed for.
IntelliBED® versus Tempur-Pedic®
|IntelliBED mattresses have the patented Intelli-Gel™ top layer, reducing pressure points while providing superior support and durability. INTELLI-GEL™ BUCKLES!|
|Tempur-Pedic mattresses are specialized polyurethane foam and have become popular. Key characteristics of Tempur-Pedic mattresses are heat sensitivity and body conformity.|
|Pressure Relief||30-70% less pressure than NASA memory
foam (50-80% less than innersprings)
|5-10% less than innerspring mattress|
|Spinal Alignment||20% better support (Excellent)||Good support|
|Temperature||Neutral (good air flow)||Can retain body heat and sleep hot|
|Cushioning||Immediate response to movement||Slow response to movement
(hard to turn over)
|Durability||Last 3-4x Longer (Excellent)||Good, but all foam degrades|
Emily Hill replaced her 10-year-old sagging mattress with a premium mattress by Tempur-Pedic, but even after 3 weeks, she was still not happy with it. In her 3-part video blog when tells why.
Part 2: Reasons We Disliked Tempur-Pedic
In this part of her video blog, Emily Hill speaks about her experience with Tempur-Pedic and why she was so anxious to switch to IntelliBED.
- The Smell. Even after 3 weeks, the smell permeates the bedding and even Emily’s pajamas. [That’s because foam-based mattresses are known to off-gas toxic chemicals when new and as they deteriorate over time.]
- The Softness. The longer you lay on it, and the deeper you sink in, the firmer it feels.
- Side Sleeping. Emily had problems with uneven support for hips and shoulders and would wake up sore.
- Temperature. Emily [and others] said Tempurpedic sleeps hot.
- Turning Over. Because you sink in so far, turning over is difficult.
- Sex. Emily barely hinted at the issue, and we usually don’t mention it, but we do hear complaints all the time that memory foam deadens the sexual experience, so we felt it should be called out as one of the common complaints. Specifically, what we hear is that (1) you sink in with memory foam, and (2) there’s no bounce.
Part 3: The IntelliBed Advantages
In part 3 of her video blog, Emily Hill meets with intelliBED Founder Bob Rasmussen to learn about the science behind IntelliBed and what makes Intelli-GEL so amazing. For the technical details, watch Bob’s video below.
IntelliBED versus Tempurpedic: Technical Details
This technical video by IntelliBED founder Bob Rasmussen emphasizes two important attributes: (1) spinal alignment and (2) pressure relief.
Tempur-Pedic distributor now sold on IntelliBED (and Intelligent Sleep)
Jon Sullivan was a 20-year Tempur-Pedic distributor, and as a licensed massage therapist and occupational therapist with his own stress issues, he found great benefit from our sleep coaching and fell in love with our pillows and IntelliGEL cushioning material. He now recommends Intelligent Sleep products & programs for anyone with sleep or stress issues. Watch Jon Sullivan’s story.
TV ad compares IntelliGel to Foam for Comfort
Even if you find the following TV ad a bit cheesy, at least it’s short & sweet, positioning the IntelliGEL cushioning material as 50-80% more comfortable than polyurethane, latex or memory foam.